OAKVILLE – Our client, a well-established public accounting firm in Oakville, Ontario is looking for dynamic, outgoing, experienced accounting professionals to fill a Senior Accountant (Audit and Assurance) position. Our client specializes in audit and assurance, taxation, and business and advisory services. They have a large portfolio working with various clients in different industries including Real Estate, Entertainment & Media, Manufacturing, Technology, Automotive, and Healthcare, to name a few. Our client offers excellent career advancement opportunities and progression is something they are always looking for from their staff.
Professional staff members in this position have at least 3-4 years of experience in a public accounting firm and audit. This position is responsible for audit, various engagements, and may at times be involved in two or more assignments simultaneously. Professional staff members must have a thorough understanding of ASPE guidelines to be able to carry out and supervise field work in the more complex areas of the audit. The firm offers a progressive environment that is transparent, fun, and exciting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise, plan and lead a team of audit to execute and ensure audits are completed in accordance with established standards
• Prepare time budget for review and audit engagements for subsequent approval by the Manager and/or the Partner
• Supervise the completion of the overall audit process and identifying risks and controls, scoping, development and application of appropriate audit programs, on-going client communications, reporting, and post-audit procedures
• Experience with tax engagements (TIs and T2s)
• Prepare financial statements including all the required notes and year end letters (i.e. enclosure letter, legal information letter and engagement letter)
• Conduct research as required to identify benchmarks and/or industry best practices for assessing risks across the business
• Offer sound financial solutions to clients
• Ensure that all planned procedures have been completed in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures, and ASPE.
• Train and supervise junior staff on audit engagements
• Promptly review any significant assurance engagement findings or questions involving accounting principles or statement presentation with the Manager or Partner and make suggestions as to their resolution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedication and strong work ethic
• Proven leadership
• Positive team player
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Solid knowledge of ASPE/IFRS guidelines
• Requires little supervision on routine tasks
• Able to prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously
• Excellent client service skills, with the desire and ability to understand the clients' businesses
• Comfortable making contact with clients; conscious of client relations and expectations
• MS Office (Outlook, Word)
Must have a minimum of:
• Completion of CPA, CA designated or close to completion
• At least three years of practical experience in audit
• Excellent salary, great benefits, and a vibrant office environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resumé to:
President & CEO
AHK Accounting Recruiters